Lodge St. John No. 187, Carluke.

About Lodge St. John No. 187

In the Beginning - The Early Days

Following a successful petition to The Grand Lodge Of Scotland, supported by certificates from St. John, Hamilton No.7 and St. Mary, Coltness No.31 a charter was granted on the 5th day of May 1794,for the formation of a Lodge in Carluke, to be called "St. John Lodge, Carluke".

Masonic records indicate that our Lodge on the Roll of The Grand Lodge of Scotland, held the number 251 until the year 1816 when it was changed to 183.This number was again altered in 1822 to the number 197 and within only four years was again revised to the number 187, which it has held with pride to the present time. 

We meet every 1st and 3rd Thursday in January, February, March, April, May, September, October, November and December, at 7:30pm prompt. Visitors are appreciated  and will always be warmly welcomed, by the brethren, here at 187.

Our regular meetings are held within the Lodge Building at:  

                                              Newlands Masonic Temple         
                                              56 Market Place 
                                              Carluke 
                                              South Lanarkshire 
                                              ML8 4BP

For directions please click on the link below:

http://www.bing.com/maps/?v=2&where1=ML8%204BP%2C%20South%20Lanarkshire&q=ML8%204BP&encType=1


*******************************************************************************

The First 200 Years 

If you would like to find out more about our Lodge to mark the Lodge's Bi-Centenary, in 1994, the late Bro. Stuart Gregory, P.M. prepared a short book detailing highlights in our 200 year history. The book serves as an interesting and enlightening Historical Sketch of Lodge St. John No. 187 and is highly recommended to our members, members of other Masonic Lodges and friends alike. 

The book, in three parts, has now been imported into the site

and can be accessed through the following links:


Part One ............. Click here.

 

Part Two..............Click here.

 

Part Three............Click here.


Editorial Note
 
Unfortunately, due to the poor quality of the original illustrations within the booklet, it has not been feasible to reproduce and include these on the website.   

 
*****************************************************************************
 
Rededication Ceremony of 'Newlands Masonic Temple' held
on Saturday 15th, 2012.

To celebrate the 100th anniversary of the building of 'Newlands Masonic Temple' a booklet was commissioned, to mark this special occasion, in the Lodge history. This booklet, which also includes a brief update of the Lodge history, was presented to all attending brethren on the day. 

This booklet has now been imported into this site and can be viewed by clicking here.

****************************************************************